This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2019 6:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel? Summary of Role / Responsibilities
NPR seeks an attorney with 4 to 8 years of experience supporting FCC regulatory advocacy and compliance; reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts; and assisting with day-to-day corporate governance. The successful candidate will support internal clients focused on public policy advocacy, news and programming content creation and distribution, and corporate sponsorship.
The lawyer who joins our team will help a mission-driven organization embrace business opportunities while managing risk and ensuring compliance with NPR’s legal obligations. We are looking for a self-starter with superb oral and written communications skills, a commitment to client service, solid business judgment, and intellectual curiosity, as well as a team player willing to pitch in as needed. An ability to lead and manage multiple projects, set and adjust priorities, work under pressure, and maintain composure and a sense of humor while doing so are musts.
Core duties include:
• Supporting regulatory and legislative advocacy and compliance, including by analyzing regulatory and legislative proposals, preparing internal memoranda, developing strategic options, and drafting agency comments and administrative pleadings, proposed statutory language, and legislative report language, with a primary focus on federal communications law;
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts; and
• Preparing board meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions, and other materials, and providing advice on corporate governance matters;
Depending on the experience of the successful candidate, responsibilities may also include:
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating inbound and outbound copyright licensing agreements, technology licensing agreements, facilities and live event-related agreements, agreements governing the distribution of content via satellite or over digital platforms, consulting and personal services agreements, and the like;
• Advising legal and business colleagues on a broad range of subjects, including nonprofit tax law, charitable fundraising, copyright law, rights clearance and fair use, traditional and digital media law, communications law, and privacy and data security law
• At least 4 years of relevant experience
• Bar membership in good standing in the District of Columbia, or eligibility to waive into the DC Bar
• Experience with regulatory and legislative advocacy efforts, including drafting agency comments, is required
• Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements is required
• Familiarity with media and copyright law is highly desirable
• Experience representing tax-exempt organizations is a plus
To be considered for the position, you must provide a resume and a cover letter that explains how your professional experience relates to the qualifications and anticipated responsibilities for the position. Applications for the position will be considered on a rolling basis beginning no later than September 3, 2019.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.