Content Strategist, Technical Documentation
Full Time Job
As part of the NPR Digital Media team, you will be responsible for the development of technical documentation, product guides and knowledge base content that is leveraged by both internal and external audiences. In this role, you will have an immediate impact as you produce content that directly supports NPR in achieving our mission of creating a more informed public.
As the Content Strategist for Documentation, you will create strong partnerships with our product, design, engineering, marketing, editorial, audience and member partnership teams to prioritize the work and develop documentation resources that meet all audience needs. You will also act as the authority on knowledge resources, common implementation patterns, and help developers, designers and partners collaborate via our platforms.
Job duties include:
• Reports to directly to the Director Product Management - Platform and collaborates with all digital leadership to define the content strategy and write internal and external content for NPR digital products.
• Apply and evolve NPR’s content standards in collaborations with the Design team to, including terminology, voice and tone to ensure product capabilities and usage are well explained to all end users.
• Manage revisions to knowledge resources to enhance their utility.
• Conduct data analysis and research to guide the prioritization of project priorities.
• Create systems, processes and guidelines for streamlining and extending the production of documentation and support materials across teams.
• Identify problems that users encounter in leveraging our products and services, and work with the product management team to implement solutions to those problems.
• Deliver feedback from the developer community to operations and product teams.
• Streamline cross-team workflows and processes, both inside and outside Digital Media. Facilitate inter-divisional and NPR-station collaboration on technical products.
What We Are Looking For:
• Systems thinking: Ability to identify and develop systems for enabling a diverse team to contribute to fulfilling our documentation needs.
• Prioritization: Identify and prioritize documentation projects that will contribute to strategic goals or product roadmap.
• Implementation proficiency: Ability to navigate ambiguity and move a project from concept to delivery. Facilitate collaboration and communication between developers, NPR stakeholders and partners.
• Excellent communication skills: Write, edit and proofread documentation to deliver accurate, consistent, and user-friendly instructional guides and/or knowledge-based content. Ability to tailor communication style – both written and verbal – based on the audience.
• Technical aptitude: Understand and discuss architectural concepts and complex technical processes. Knowledge of online technology and related products including, web and mobile tools, REST APIs and related terminology.
• 3 years of relevant experience that includes responsibility for some combination of:
• Technical documentation
• Software manuals
• Knowledge base content
• Feature guides
• Technical marketing materials
Bonus points for:
• Experience with Swagger, hypermedia APIs and/or Salesforce
• Passion for public media’s digital future
Please apply online through our career site athttp://www.npr.org/about/careers/.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.