Audio Engineering Technology Services Manager
This was removed by the employer on 2/26/2021 7:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Audio Engineering Technology Services Manager jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Audio Engineering Technology Services Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Audio Engineering Technology Services Manager? OVERVIEW
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Audio Engineering Technology Services Manager is responsible for a wide assortment of technical and logistic duties including: overseeing design and on-going maintenance of NPR’s studio and broadcast facilities, supervising a team of Electronics Engineers, broadcast facility design, project management, responding to 24x7 equipment failures, ordering equipment, managing inventory, and allocating appropriate technical resources to support NPR’s operations.
Our ideal candidate is a proactive, courteous, collaborative individual with a broadcast, audio engineering, or IT background. They must possess the poise to manage complex situations with tact and the ability and desire to learn new skills, tools, and technologies. A proven history of successfully managing teams, building and maintaining cross-divisional relationships, solving problems, and developing and mentoring staff are key components of this leadership position.
Essential duties include:
• Manages, schedules, supports, trains, and develops a team of Electronics Engineers
• Oversees all technical and maintenance aspects at NPR’s Washington DC headquarters, in addition to technical plants in California, New York, and a number of journalist-operated production facilities across the DC area
• Project manages new technical facility construction and existing facility modifications
• Provides 24x7 immediate response to technology outages or staffing emergencies
• Maintains current service levels and quality standards for broadcast and technical systems
• Supervises union staff in compliance with NPR/NABET collective bargaining agreement
• Troubleshoots, documents, and resolves technical issues as they arise
• Maintains parts stock / assemblies for broadcast systems
• Manages NPR technical equipment asset tracking
• Maintains and updates accurate documentation for all technical systems
• Builds and sustains collaborative relationships across the organization, including regular engagement with content creators, support groups, and management to identify and anticipate needs and allocate resources accordingly
• Supervise at least six direct reports, including preparing their regular performance reviews, and making effective recommendations regarding any hiring, promotion, and discipline for these positions.
• 7 years of professional production, audio, and/or broadcast experience
• 3 years of supervisory experience or team leadership
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in audioengineering, electronics engineering, or IT related field preferred.
• Demonstrable history of effective staff leadership, development, and delegation
• Extensive knowledge of current broadcast/media transport and delivery systems, IP audio systems, network timing protocols, and electrical systems
• Thorough understanding of audio and electronic engineering concepts and principles
• Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize in a 24x7 broadcast environment
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, documentation creation, etc.)
• Adept at identifying, troubleshooting, and solving complex problems
• Customer service focused mentality
• Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
• Ability to effectively translate highly technical topics and concepts
• Ability and desire to identify and learn new systems, tools, and technologies
• Experience with component level bench repair and associated diagnostic equipment
• Experience with AutoCAD or similar drafting software
• SBE Certification
• Experience designing and implementing complex AoIP / AoE / media networks (Ravenna, Livewire, Dante), and familiarity with system clock and control protocols as described in AES 67, SMPTE 2110, etc.
• IT networking experience (Cisco)
• Previous broadcast studio and master control design, construction, and project management experience
• Familiarity with Lawo, Evertz, Tektronix, David Systems, & AVID products and platforms
• Management experience within a union environment
• Familiarity with NPR’s content and the greater public media ecosystem
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.