Associate Sponsorship Audio Producer, National Public Media
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
National Public Media is the sponsorship arm of National Public Radio. Within NPM, the NPM Creative team is responsible for NPR’s digital sponsorship products and is the audio and visual in-house production team for NPR sponsors. We are seeking an associate audio producer who can help our team to produce, record, edit, and execute custom audio campaigns for sponsors. These campaigns range from Spotlight mid-rolls to our flagship product, Brand Soundscapes. This is a great opportunity to utilize storytelling skills, sharpen audio editing techniques, and learn about NPM’s unique approach to custom content.
Within this role you will collaborate closely with the Sponsorship Producer and the Production Manager. This position will work across multiple client campaigns, helping the team to:
• Creative brainstorming for prospective client pitches, communicating those ideas clearly and concisely with a focus on how the story will sound and what listeners will hear
• Assist in communicating with clients, building production timelines, scheduling recordings, and managing campaign production
• Create interview sample questions from client creative briefs, while keeping in mind NPR and NPM best practices and guidelines
• Direct or provide support during remote recordings to ensure content is conversational and authentic, covers campaign objectives, and is the best possible quality
• Propose and edit interview clips to fit within custom audio products, including :30 and :60 mid-rolls and our 2-3 minute Brand Soundscapes
• Write and propose scripted promotional pieces, introductions to clips, and CTAs
• Edit and prepare final files, including scoring with custom music provided by our composer, that reflect client edits, storytelling best practices, and NPR-quality audio
• At least 2-4 years of experience editing audio; proficient on Adobe Audition or a similar audio editing software (Pro Tools, Hindenburg, etc.)
• Skills should include an ear for scoring and sound design, with experience in each.
• Experience with audio storytelling and interviewing to produce engaging tape
• Ability to communicate and collaborate; give, receive and implement feedback
• Experience and comfort in professional, client-facing communications
• Familiarity with using and troubleshooting audio equipment.
• Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills
• Experience in branded content or creating content for brands
• Degree in journalism, media, communications, or related field
• Experience in scripting conversational mid-roll scripts matching a show’s tone
All applications must include a resume, cover letter, and two work samples (audio) to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.