Associate Representative, Corporate Sponsorship
NPRNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/18/2021 9:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Associate Representative, Corporate Sponsorship jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Representative, Corporate Sponsorship postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Representative, Corporate Sponsorship? OVERVIEW
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Works with dynamic network radio/digital sales team to secure sponsorship revenue for NPR programming across broadcast and digital platforms through direct contacts with corporations and advertising agencies in the Midwestern and Eastern regions of the US. Works with new and existing accounts to maximize both customer satisfaction and retention.
• Establishes and meets annual goals, which are set in conjunction with SVP of Corporate Sponsorship
• Makes formal presentations to senior managers at corporations, and account executives, media planners, media buyers and directors at ad agencies about the use of NPR sponsorship to enhance corporate goals and client goals
• Presents sponsorship strategies to potential corporate underwriters and follows up regularly
• Serves as Agency Account Manager (AAM) for set of agencies to grow NPR utilization within these agencies
• Sells all programs in the NPR portfolio to national customers
• Creates multi-platform opportunities in order to meet client needs
• Services accounts to ensure copy and FCC requirements are met
• Cultivates and nurtures long-term relationships with underwriting decision-makers at corporations and influencers at advertising agencies in order to ascertain customer needs and opportunities and to assess implications for NPR
• Strategically identifies new business opportunities by prospecting in assigned geographic territory
• Contacts prospects by telephone, letter, email and networking events; makes cold calls as necessary. Follows up with face-to-face meetings employing consultative sales techniques
• Assists in preparing materials to be presented to prospects, including proposals and appropriate correspondence
• Generates regular status reports
• Understanding of individual client business, strategies and marketing needs
• Understanding of audio landscape and the emergence of new technologies and platforms
• Travels in assigned geographical area
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• Minimum 2 years experience in national media sales or national media planning with an extensive knowledge of advertising agency functions, services, hierarchy and trends
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy required
• Ability to travel freely
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.