Associate Producer, Video - Temporary
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2023 1:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Associate Producer, Video - Temporary jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer, Video - Temporary postings
Full Time Job
NPR Visuals is focused on creating and distributing content that reflects and serves America. We work with teams across NPR, our member stations, and content partners to tell stories and engage audiences on NPR.org, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and other visual platforms.
As a member of the Visuals team, the Associate Producer - Video for will be primarily focused on producing, editing and delivering video content for visual platforms for Israel-Hamas conflict. The content will need to be visually arresting and informative; giving you something that you didn't know in a way that reflects the best characteristics of NPR. Ideal candidates will bring experience with all stages of video creation, production and editing. Together with a team of editors and content creators, this team members will help create distinctive NPR journalism that appeals to new audiences on visual platforms.
This is a union represented role covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA.
• Produce, record and/or edit video interviews for multiple visual platforms
• Clearly communicate vision, project goals, project scope and timeline in collaboration with an editor
• Collaborate with reporters, correspondents, producers and editors in the field to coordinate coverage.
• Help implement best practices for video production workflows
• Uphold the highest standards for the visual tone of our storytelling
• Survey NPR and the competitive landscape to make sure our video storytelling is optimized and smart.
• On occasion, create daily and weekly video projects for emerging platforms
• Coordinate production and publication schedules for weekly projects]
• Preproduce, record and deliver high-quality video interviews, whether recording remotely and in the field
• Edit video interviews with speed and finesse for multiple visual platforms as needed.
• Ability and willingness to relocate. In the future, NPR may choose to transfer employees to other geographic locations. Severance provisions of the AFTRA collective bargaining agreement will apply should you choose not to accept a transfer. Ability and willingness to work off-hour shifts, including early mornings, nights and/or weekends.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Other duties as assigned.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be assigned, and this job description can be modified at any time.
• Experience editing video for digital platforms.
• Must be able to edit videos for breaking news with speed and distinction.
• Experience with tools such as, Photoshop, Photomechanic, FTP, content management systems and social media platforms.
• Demonstrated excellence as a visual storyteller.
• Excellent organizational, communication and collaboration skills.
• Familiarity with video and photo rights.
• Experience in daily coverage of national news or general news.
• Experience making smart, fast, solid editorial decisions under pressure and tight deadlines.
• A steely, unshakable sense of journalistic ethics.
• Demonstrated ability to innovate in visual presentations.
• Experience maintaining high journalistic standards under deadline pressure, including standards of objectivity, balance and fairness.
• Demonstrated ability to generate and execute creative ideas, and to assimilate and organize large amounts of information.
• Familiarity with After Effects and Illustrator
• Knowledge of relevant formats and best practices for YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
• Experience following and improving workflows for media management and video publishing
• Experience making smart, fast, solid editorial decisions under pressure
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
• A deep familiarity with copyright and ethical journalism practices
• A strong interest in current events
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Ability and willingness to work off-hour shifts, including early mornings, nights and/or weekends
• Experience commissioning original photography and illustrations for NPR with a diverse range of topics, photographers and illustrators.
Bachelor's degree in photography, journalism, or other similar related field (or the equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Remote Permitted: This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
• This is a temporary (4-month) full time position.
Hourly Rate: The U.S. based anticipated hourly rate for this opportunity is $40.86 per hour. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum hourly rate NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPR's benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
NPR Pay Range
$40.86 — $40.86 USD