Assistant Producer, Investigations
This was removed by the employer on 5/29/2020 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Producer, Investigations jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assistant Producer, Investigations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Producer, Investigations? OVERVIEW:
Be a part of NPR’s award-winning Investigations Team, helping to identify, report and produce distinctive journalism on multiple platforms. Collaborate with journalists from NPR Member Stations and from other NPR desks and shows to create original stories, particularly through the acquisition and analysis of unique datasets. Report stories and cultivate sources to create meaningful content for the radio and digital platforms. The team’s mission is to produce exclusive, important journalism of consequence, and each team member’s role is essential.
• Pitch, report and produce enterprise stories, conduct story research and identify and interview sources, both independently and in a team;
• Suggest and execute data analysis and reporting for enterprise stories;
• Acquire relevant online data through various means, including using API and web scraping;
• Assist NPR correspondents and NPR Member Station reporters in the acquisition and analysis of data and other raw reporting;
• Gather audio and photography in the field;
• Work with reporters, editors and producers to create and coordinate story packages and their components;
• Edit and mix audio and develop proficiency in producing correspondent pieces;
• Conceive, craft and file public records requests;
• Provide technical assistance and editorial advice to newsroom colleagues and member station reporters who want to use data in news stories;
• Stay abreast of trends and developments in data and audio journalism;
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in journalism
• Experience in investigative journalism, including acquisition and analysis of public records and data.
• Familiarity with existing public datasets that could be helpful to news reporting;
• Familiarity with data visualization principles and tools;
• Ability to write well-documented code using programming languages such as Python, R and SQL;
• Proven understanding of statistical principles;
• Ability to stay focused and organized while pursuing complex reporting projects.
• Ability to travel and work remotely and effectively with limited supervision
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Familiarity with audio recording equipment and audio editing software
• Experience with Web or multimedia production
• Experience in public radio
• Familiarity with social media platforms.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.