Animator, Podcast Video
This was removed by the employer on 5/20/2022 10:44:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Podcast Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Animator, Podcast Video jobs in Remote-US
Search all Animator, Podcast Video postings
Full Time Job
Animator, Podcast Video (Temporary)
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success. We are committed to doing the right thing in our journalism and in every role at NPR. This means that integrity, adherence to our ethical standards, and compliance with legal obligations are fundamental responsibilities for every employee at NPR.
NPR Visuals is focused on creating and distributing content that reflects and serves America. We work with teams across NPR, our member stations, and content partners to tell stories and engage audiences on NPR.org, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and other visual platforms.
NPR Video is looking for an experienced motion graphics producer to help create engaging and entertaining animations, bridging the worlds of audio podcasting and visual storytelling. The position requires the ability to conceptualize and execute a variety of styles and formats, as well as a desire to think creatively about building new audiences for NPR. Ideal candidates bring enthusiasm for a broad range of motion graphic approaches and experience working with multi-faceted teams. Together with a team of editors and content creators, this team member will help enhance and translate NPR’s distinctive journalism to new audiences on visual platforms.
• Conceive, develop and execute original motion graphics/animations with an understanding of how to tailor storytelling for young and diverse audiences
• Create, templatize and update graphic assets
• Coordinate motion graphics production with colleagues and/or freelancers
• Clearly communicate the vision, project goals, narrative scope and timeline for each production, including comprehensive storyboards for complex projects
• On occasion, create daily and weekly video projects for emerging platforms
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a specialization in motion graphics, animation film/video, media production, photography or journalism preferred.
• At least 3 years of video animation and motion graphics experience, preferably with a major network or newsroom, studio or creative agency
• The ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities/conditions
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud programs related to video and photo design. (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
• Knowledge of relevant formats and best practices for YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
• Experience making smart, fast, solid editorial decisions under pressure
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
• A deep familiarity with copyright and ethical journalism practices
• A strong interest in current events
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Ability and willingness to work occasional off-hour shifts, including early mornings, nights and/or weekends
• Experience with file-based workflows and supporting technologies such as MAM, transcoding software, audio/video codecs, wrappers and related specifications
• Experience and skill with a content management system
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum annualized salary for this position is $75,000.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.