Accounts Payable Accountant
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will report to and support the Accounts Payable Supervisor in performing the weekly, monthly, and annual cash disbursement processes.
• Processing weekly cash disbursement requests which involves, but is not limited to, the following:
• Verifying approval on all invoices/check requests
• Coding invoices
• Updating and maintaining vendor database
• Auditing and verifying employee expense reports
• Reconciling vendor statements and investigating vendor payment matters
• Matching purchase orders against applicable support (e.g., vendor invoices, corporate cards)
• Responding to questions and requests for information from NPR staff and third party vendors
• Compiling payment information for NPR staff and third party vendors
• Maintaining accounts payable files.
• Performing ad hoc analyses when requested
• Maintaining thorough and accurate files and documentation
• Supporting team, department, division, and organizational goals
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• 4 years of detailed, hands-on experience in the cash disbursement process
• Proficiency using PC and Microsoft Office software (experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a differentiating factor)
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of general ledger and other computer system applications, specifically with cash disbursement modules (experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a differentiating factor)
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse team of individuals
• Ability to contribute to the morale and spirit of the team and division
• Respect and support diversity
• Ability to shift priorities (whether asked or not) to achieve all high value work
• Detail-oriented, efficient, and accurate
• Above-average written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective collaborator and capable of building productive relationships throughout the organization
• Capability to multi-task while ensuring essential routine functions occur
• Rock-solid commitment to success
• Comfortable working independently and following tasks through to completion and meeting deadlines, actively seeking direction as necessary
• Maintain confidential information in an appropriate manner
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.