Accountant / Analyst
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
An Accountant/Analyst based in NPM NY working on the following:
General responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Process expenses including but not limited to T&E, vendor bills and general expenses
• Prepare and analyze various GL accounts
• Process various journal entries and reclassifications
• Bank reconciliations and classifications of adjustments
• Analyses by identifying trends, ratios and other metrics
• Budget to actual variance analyses
• Assist with month end close
• Assist with annual audits
• Prepare sales tracking and analysis reports
• Marketing expense tracking, actual against budget
• Other projects as needed
• This person would report to the Controller
• At least 2-4 years’ experience working in the accounting field
• High level of excel skills required to manipulate data efficiently on excel
• Analyzed various expense and balance sheet accounts
• High level of problem solving skills
• Effectively communicate issues and solutions
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Able to operate in a fast paced and at times high pressure environment
• A quick learner and apply previous work experiences towards any projects given
• Inquisitive, innovative and solution driven
EDUCATION: Minimum education experience, required or preferred. (Ex: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
• Provide at least 2 references per company for the last 2 companies you have worked at
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.