Computer Graphic Supervisor
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC).
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Noggin, the #1 preschool brand, seeks a CG Supervisor for Noggin Digital, Preschool Division. This person will report to the VP Creative, and lead a team of CG artists, modelers, riggers, texture artists and compositors, and crafting visual effects systems, and digital assets like 3D characters, environments, and props for linear and interactive animations on the Noggin App, and Noggin video service.
We are seeking someone who is very organized, detailed, and able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish! This person should also have a strong artistic ability, understanding of form, color, and texture. This person would have to be knowledgeable on how these elements work together as well as the technical ability in CG programs to apply their artistic knowledge and achieve the production's vision. We are looking for someone who has an understanding of cinematic and technical lighting principles along with render and post production procedures to build effect visualizations.
• The CG Supervisor will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of CG assets of original IP used in content creation and marketing as well as the development of interactive gaming and linear animation pipelines.
• Collaborate with the Creative Design and Animation teams, and Creative Producers to develop 3D assets and visual effects processes using Maya, Adobe Suite, Nuke, and 3rd party plugins and lighting software.
• Maintain and handle a server library of show and game production assets, for internal team distribution, and vendor distribution to be used in linear originals, interactive games, and in marketing material.
• Assume quality control of original and existing IP by trouble shooting and problem solving technical issues in Maya, Nuke, Deadline, and other programs.
• Lead the technical development and crafting of original character IP, environments and props using various processes and pipelines in computer graphics.
• Conform and migrating IP onto Nickelodeon Digital, Preschool's (Noggin) pipeline from 3rd party vendors and leading the internal team to maintain that pipeline.
• Collaborate with Engineering and Content to develop pipelines for interactive products on Mobile and Web platforms.
• Team up with Production Technologies for operational technical support, software/hardware purchasing, roll out and handling computer technology.
• Attend production check-ins and creative weeklies as well as lead production meeting with their direct reports.
• Propose hiring and talent recruitment of additional CG Artists as project needs guided to VP Creative and Production Management.
• Coordinate, work within a production schedule, handle files, run personal, build assets, and collaborate with Directors, Producers, and Project managers.
• 4 year degree in computer arts, photography, graphic design, animation production.
• 5 years working as a CG Artist, Designers, Lighting, Rendering or VFX artists on movies, commercials, promotional content, at a network, brand, studio or agency.
• Lighting and Rendering pipeline in Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema 4D. Compositing and VFX pipeline in Nuke, Adobe, Foundry and Color Correction
• Finishing pipeline in Davinci Resolve, Foundry Nuke, Adobe After Effects. Video creation using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere
• Experience in asset creation and technical direction of animation pipelines for Unity interactive development.
• Experience in Maya 3D character rigging, modeling, shading, lighting
• Experience in After Effects visual effects and composition
• Proficient in tracking and compositing in various softwares
• Flexible and hardworking!
• Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
• Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony a plus
• Have enthusiasm for innovation and change, and interest in looking out for new developments in computer graphics
• An interest in creating original content that advances learning and early childhood development