NogginNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Noggin is a leading learning service for families with preschoolers. We deliver streaming and interactive learning content that helps young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. A direct-to-consumer offering available on 10 platforms, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
The Animator will be responsible for animating for learning content sought at young children ages 2-6. Learning content includes streaming video, mobile games, and other interactive experiences.
include and are not limited to:
• Animators are responsible for 3D and 2D animation work. Typical projects involve Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects to build character animation and motion graphics animation.
• Animators must excel at 3D character animation.
• Animators build content and tell stories using character rigs from original Noggin IP and existing Nickelodeon IP characters (such as Paw Patrol, Blaze & The Monster Machines, and Baby Shark as examples).
• Animators must excel at the craft of animation, applying principles of animation, and principles of filmmaking, such as continuity, clarity, appeal, acting and emotions within their work.
• Animators are responsible for communicating if their workload is feasible in a project's timeline.
• Animators will attend department check-ins & small animation team meetings with their project peers.
• Animators will collaborate with the Project Leads to craft effective visual storytelling and educational narratives for the preschool audience of kids 3-6 years old.
• Animators must have enthusiasm for kid's storytelling.
• A degree in computer arts or animation production.
• 1 years working as a 3D character animator on movies, commercials, promotional content, at a network, brand, studio or agency.
• An expert storyteller in the craft of character animation and motion graphics.
• Organized, detailed, and able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish.
• A strong eye for composition, principles of animation, and a working knowledge of 3D filmmaking techniques.
• Keyframe Animation for characters in Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects. Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
• Puppet and traditional animation Harmony and Flash/Animate a plus.
• The Animator should be able to communicate creative concepts both through verbal and written means.
• Experience in Animation Production & Post Production
• Understanding of Maya 3D character rigging, modeling, shading, lighting
• Experienced in After Effects visual effects and composite.
• Experience in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
• Able to work on-site at our New York offices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and expertly collaborative
• Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
• Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
• Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
• Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony a plus