NKSFBLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Purpose: The Billing Specialist is responsible for full-cycle monthly billing functions, including confirming preparing pre-bills, preparing final bills, and delivery to clients. The Billing Specialist has knowledge of and adheres to clients' billing arrangements. This position may also perform a variety of other accounting duties according to established firm policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare and distribute pre-bills, prepare final bills, deliver bills to clients
• Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, flat fee arrangements, etc.)
• Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month
• Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation
• Has knowledge of and adheres to client billing arrangements
• Assure conformity with the firm's accounting, billing and collection policies and controls and ensure integrity of the firm's financial and operating information
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with partners, business managers, account executives, bookkeepers and executive assistants.
• Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems
• Communicate with intake specialist when client and/or matter files need to be updated in finance software, including opening and closing files
• Coordinate, monitor and process retainer funds, approved markdowns, write-offs and necessary account adjustments
• Respond to client inquiries/questions in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed to firm management or responsible billing Partner as needed
• Coordinate ad hoc projects at the request of clients, partners, and firm management
• Prepare various reports and analyses, as requested
• Assist partners and staff with time and billing software questions or technical problems
• Assist partners and staff in understanding billing processes, policies and procedures
• Assist with Accounts Receivable and Collections efforts to resolve or prevent billing errors
• Act as back-up to billing positions
• Apply customer payments; research and solve payment discrepancies.
• Assist with special projects and analysis as directed
• Utilizes finance software programs to perform duties and responsibilities
• Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Billing Specialist working in a professional services environment
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
• High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Time and Billing Software experience
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and to prioritize assignments
• Must be a team player, detail oriented and organized, self-starter, able to manage multiple projects effectively, and able to work well under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to interface with partners, associates, clients, vendors, managers and staff, and establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups
• Excellent customer service acumen
• Should have ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Support management decisions and complies with all Firm policies and procedures
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online