Vice President - Scripted Development
Full Time Job
Vice President - Scripted Development (Nickelodeon/Awesomeness - Live Action)
We here at Nickelodeon / Awesomeness Live Action Scripted Development Team are in search of an experienced creative executive to join as Vice President! This exciting role is responsible for sourcing and developing series across Live Action for both Nickelodeon and Awesomeness. We are looking to fill this role ASAP!
Overview & Responsibilities
- Lead the creation, development, and production of original series for Nickelodeon and 3rd party platforms
- Generates ideas for new show concepts and characters
- Hear and respond to pitches; evaluate new project submissions to assess their value as it relates to the creative direction
- Lead the entire development phases from original pitch to execution, providing notes in line with the vision of the project
- Guides creators from the pitch stage through outline, script, production and post; formulates and drafts notes on scripts and cuts
- Reviews all aspects of production: budget, casting, scripts, communications, final delivery, and critique
- Creates and maintains active relationships within the creative community – agents, writers, producers, talent, etc.
- Liaisons with all supporting departments including: Marketing, Press, Research, Digital, Social and Business & Legal Affairs
- Encourages innovative thought and behavior and serves as an example to all staff employees
- Acts in an ethical manner and adheres to the ViacomCBS code of conduct policies at all times
- Travel will be necessary
- 10 years of experience in content development & current programming with a significant tenure within either a Studio or established independent production company
- 5 years in an executive capacity with experience at a studio, channel/platform or production company. Series and/or film.
- Demonstrated track-record developing/producing commercially successful scripted series.
- Strong, established relationships with key players in the TV industry, including talent, agents, production companies, producers, writers, etc - Must independently supervise the development of a project from idea to final cut
- We want excellent writing and storytelling skills with strong knowledge of script structure; must be proficient at writing notes and giving direction
- Ability to effectively handle creative talent
- Strong creative reputation with an established network of contacts and relationships within the industry
- An ability to communicate effectively with the creative community as well as the logistical and financial side of production.
- Possesses the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital in order to liaise with a range of people and personalities, from channel executives to production staff, to talent agents and actors
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including working effectively within a collaborative team environment as well as diverse constituencies and both creative and business personality types
- Extensive knowledge of the entertainment media industry
- Must have Strong problem solving and decision making abilities and be able to handle conflict in a professional manner