Vice President, Investor Relations
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina) and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.9 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
We are searching for a Vice President, Investor Relations who will be a key contributor to both the strategic and day-to-day operations of Viacom’s Investor Relations program. This position will partner with senior management in the planning, drafting and curating of Viacom’s messaging objectives and initiatives for investors and analysts.
This is a highly visible position that will oversee and execute all aspects of the investor relations function for a Fortune 500 company with revenues of $13 billion and an enterprise value of $22 billion.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
• Serve as one of the primary points of contact with analysts and investors helping to enhance the Company’s image and reputation
• Build relationships with ~30 sell-side analysts and hundreds of investors
• Communicate the Company’s operating and financial strategy
• Respond to questions and requests for financial and other information in an accurate, appropriate and timely manner
• Conduct meetings and conference calls with investors and analysts
• Develop the IR strategy and execute the IR program in partnership with the SVP and VP, IR
• Oversee the quarterly earnings process and help prepare senior management for earnings calls including:
• Oversee development of Q&A and earnings presentation
• Write script for CFO
• Review press releases and financial filings, providing feedback and recommendations
• Help prepare senior management for investor conferences and investor meetings
• Oversee competitive and industry analysis, including analysis of peer company strategy, financial performance and valuation
• Monitor industry news, press releases and sell-side research reports, briefing the SVP and VP, IR and senior management on current developments
• Continually gather intelligence and information in the marketplace about the Company, the industry as well as peer companies and communicate to senior management
• Understand the Company’s shareholder mix and associated dynamics and communicate key business initiatives and performance
• Oversee shareholder ownership and investor targeting analysis
• Develop an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the Company’s strategy, financial performance, operations and industry landscape and keep apprised of current operating trends
• Develop a strong understanding of the financial markets including the equity and options markets
• Develop strong working relationships and collaborate with key internal constituents including Corporate Communications, Financial Planning, Financial Reporting and Legal
• Mentor, develop and prepare supporting team members to succeed within the IR group and at Viacom
• Minimum of 6 years of experience doing in-house corporate investor relations, treasury, corporate development, competitive intelligence, strategy, or similar positions for a publicly traded company or investment banking or equity research.
• College degree required.
• A master's degree is desirable. Strongly prefer finance, accounting, or economics majors.
• Background in Media is preferred.
• Outstanding financial and investment analysis skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an outstanding ability to communicate, including strong oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation ability.
• Must be well versed in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• An energetic, efficient, self-motivating and resourceful team player and individual contributor required.