Vice President, Franchise Planning - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Franchise Planning, leads the development of global strategic, long-range property plans to support the key priority properties targeting pre-school kids, including but not limited to Blue’s Clues & You!, Dora the Explorer, Bubble Guppies, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Shimmer & Shine and new series including Sunny Day and Butterbean’s Café.
• Develop long-range property plans (2-3 year) that manage the life cycle and investment needs for Nickelodeon priority properties. The plans should focus on key strategies and tactics that will support generating exposure, increasing engagement, driving Consumer Product sales and growing the overall strength of the property or franchise.
• Collaborate with Global Franchise Creative and Research teams to ensure property positioning and plans are in keeping with the key insights of the IP and the target consumer and to continue to review, update and refine all franchise roadmaps using these insights.
• Collaborate with all departments within the Nickelodeon and VIMN ecosystem to drive execution of the property plans – including but not limited to Production, Consumer Products, Press, Programming, NCR, Talent, Consumer Marketing, Digital, Social, Research, Recreation, Ad Sales/Integrated Marketing, Public Affairs and more.
• Maintain consistent messaging and ‘top of mind’ status for all properties and franchises by ensuring that the most current information is adequately and strategically communicated and distributed to each LOB; advise on messaging points for a range of internal audiences and external audiences
• As needed, represent the key Properties and Franchises at partner meetings: CP, ad sales, marketing partners, etc.
• Review creative work and business strategies to ensure that initiatives throughout the company and with partners are being developed consistent with the Franchise guidelines and plans
• As applicable, build consumer advertising campaigns on and off Kids and Family platforms to support key franchise initiatives.
• Understand, anticipate and strategically act on industry trends and competitor activity to help inform marketing plans.
• Motivate, inspire, direct and supervise a team that serve as day-to-day contacts on each property (includes (2) Directors, Manager and Coordinator).
• Manage budget for Preschool properties
• 10 years consumer marketing experience in marketing/ad agency or within entertainment & media
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Innovator with a strong strategic and operational experience and perspective
• Ability to manage a team and lead cross-company efforts by cultivating relationships with peers across organization and influencing/driving action/change
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Expert time-management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Solution-oriented approach and creative thinking are required
• Flexibility to work in a highly creative and multi-faceted company
• Demonstrated strong understanding of the Nickelodeon brand, content as well as popular culture and how it relates to the business
• Experience in managing and mentoring a staff