Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for live-action and animation programming, with a focus on voiceover and on-camera performer. This person will be handling a heavy volume of talent deals, including series regular agreements, overalls, test-options, and integrated marketing deals. This position will be located in Burbank, CA. tructure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of talent agreements for animated and live action projects, with additional work on development and production services agreements.
• Provide legal guidance for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and BALA legal matters.
• Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
• Be a great partner with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• JD and must be a member of the California Bar
• Minimum of 8 years of scripted TV experience
• Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
• Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required.
• Desired candidate will have a detailed understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess provenability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Ability to multi-task under pressurrunage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
• Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, fast paced and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• The ideal candidate will be reciprocal, positive and collaborative.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.