Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs-- Viacom Media Networks
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for Nickelodeon will provide senior-level, day-to-day business and legal affairs services for animation and live action programming, with a strong focus on voiceover and on-camera performer deals. This person will be expected to handle a heavy volume of talent deals, including series regular agreements, overalls, test-options, and integrated marketing deals. This position will be located in Los Angeles.
• Structure, draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of talent agreements for animated and live action projects, with additional work on development and production services agreements.
• Provide legal guidance for varied productions, working with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
• Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• JD and must be a member of the California Bar
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
• Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required.
• Desired candidate will have a thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
• Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-oriented.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.