Sr. Director, Production & Development - Preschool
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
This position manages the production and creative direction of a series– from greenlight to final delivery of each episode for the life of the series.
• Manages the shows IN CURRENT SERIES and provide creative direction for each series through all facets of production:
• Rough-Final Episode Cuts
• Design (sets, characters, background, etc.)
• Creative Brainstorming (tentpoles, promotional episodes, stunts, etc.)
• Oversees DEVELOPMENT on assigned projects:
• Provides creative direction on scripts, designs, bible, animatic, and all other development materials.
• Builds the creative team for each development project.
• Supervises the development assets so that all network key stake holders can review and comment.
• Manages the network research process for assigned projects in development.
• Oversees the creator and main creative personnel to ensure the creative delivered for development aligns with overall network goals.
• Builds presentations of the development materials
• Works hand-in-hand with Nickelodeon Development to successfully transition shows from Pilot to series, guiding the creative vision going forward
• Participate in the on-air launch process, communicating with our creative promotions team, providing footage, and communicating all information back to creative show production.
• Provides the final line of quality control for the production by reviewing episodes as they deliver.
• Act as the Network ambassador to the show unit by communicating priorities and ongoing Network plans to show creators/executive producers
• Collaborate with key Nickelodeon colleagues and are responsible for providing all necessary resources for series launch and property management for all lines of business from creating series budget and calendar to final delivery of episodes
• Convey series creative to Network departments to ensure the property’s life cycle is supported with ingenuity, well-executed initiatives, and messaging that retains the integrity of the series
• Identify the most marketable aspects in a show and ensure the Network develops marketing and promotional ideas around these elements
• The capacity to identify, develop and tell a story through the language of television.
• The ability to create and maintain key working relationships - throughout the Nickelodeon organization and creative community
• Strong communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills
• Attention to detail
• True love of television and a passion for the medium
• PowerPoint skills a plus
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).