Senior Manager, Shared Services FP&A
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
As the Senior Manager, Shared Services FP&A, you will partner with financial and business colleagues to evaluate, budget and actively manage the financial discipline for the shared service organization. You will also be tasked with as leading the capital expenditure planning process for a subset of departments.
As a successful new team member, you will use your analytical skills and deep understanding of finance to make valuable contributions in your key areas of focus which include building long range financial plans, evaluating budget changes, actively monitoring costs and reporting on variance analysis for both business and financial leaders. You will provide senior management with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision-making, financial and operating plans and forecast cycles.
Role and Responsibilities
• You will collaborate with internal team members to prepare the Forecast(s), and Annual Operating Plan that align with corporate deliverables and timeline, demonstrate accuracy and efficiency, and are tied to financial strategic targets. Budget process to begin in May and end in Sept.
• Support the Capital Expenditure forecast process across functions, as well as provide assistance in the Cap Ex Request (CER) process.
• Utilize strong communication skills to share key business drivers of Capital Expenditure variances
• Manage the monthly and quarterly closes within the framework of the Company’s close and post-close process in support of the above departments. Specifically, at month end and quarter end cycles.
• Partner with the Finance and Corporate Function teams to collect accurate information, and ensure the accurate transfer of data into financial and planning systems.
• Compare data to budget and approved metrics and report variances and cause of change to business partners and leaders.
• Help prepare and consolidate various ad hoc analysis, reports and information requests.
• You will demonstrate leadership and initiative though collaboration, honesty and trust, building meaningful relationships across the Company.
• Exercise excellent judgement when responding to competing priorities.
• An element of overtime may be required, particularly around monthly and quarterly forecasts, and annual budget submissions.
The successful candidate will be commercially focused with a track record of success. They should also be a strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving skills, yet hands-on and able to juggle multiple and frequently changing priorities. They should bring business insights with deep analyses, and be ready to contribute during business meetings. It is important to be customer service oriented and proficient with multiple communication mediums such as phone, email, audio/video conferences, in person meetings.
Strong interpersonal skills that develop and sustain relationships is crucial as there are many stakeholders in this organization. The ability to positively influence will also be essential to success together with highly developed communication skills.
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a broad range of accounting/ finance functions and/or private accounting experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes (US GAAP)
• Strong experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook, Internet Explorer, MS Project, MS SharePoint)
• Prior experience with Capital Expenditure planning a strong plus
• Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a plus
• Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry a plus
• A great teammate who is able to work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Be a self-starter and take initiative and follow through, able to think creatively and take sound action
• Drive and implement improved business processes
• Experience with client-facing interactions
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail