Senior Manager, Emerging Businesses
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
What we’re looking for: A bright individual who is enthusiastic to learn all aspects of Kids & Family Emerging Lines of Business. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn and execute on financial planning, business insights and reporting of K&F Emerging Businesses, as well as show willingness to support the crafting of new solutions for these developing businesses
The Kids and Family Sr. Manager, Emerging Business is a key member of the the Kids and Family Finance team and will be responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis for Kids & Family Emerging Lines of Business including: Direct to Consumer, Live Events, Touring, Recreation, Games and Audio & Records. The role will be responsible for assisting with the consolidation, reporting and analysis of the P&L, and Free Cash Flow for these businesses.
The Sr. Manager will work directly with the Sr. Director, Emerging to create, maintain and distribute performance metric and analytics to support Kids & Family Emerging Business leads to make informed business decisions with the aim of driving profitability and growth. The Sr. Manager, FP&A, Emerging Businesses will also produce ongoing cause of change analyses to support P&L variances on annual forecasts vs. Prior Forecast, Budget and Prior Year, as well as, quarterly earnings outlooks vs. quarterly forecasts.
The Sr. Manager, FP&A will work closely with the VCBS Controller team and Ancillary COE team to ensure all transactions within the Emerging Lines of Business are recorded properly in monthly accounting closes.
• As a key member of ViacomCBS FP&A team, the K&F Sr. Manager, FP&A Emerging Businesses will play a significant role in the ongoing management of Kids & Family Emerging business operations through
consolidation, reporting and analytics on the Kids & Family operating results.
• Meet with K&F Emerging Business leads to gather the necessary financial inputs for accurate and timely preparation of the Emerging
• Business P&L forecasts covering DTC, Touring, Live Events, Recreation, Games and Audio & Records.
• Produce cause of change narratives on all key Revenue and Expense components for each annual forecast vs. Prior Forecast, Budget and Prior Year.
• Partner with Sr. Director, FP&A Emerging Businesses to generate analysis to help support the overall Kids & Family growth strategy across the Emerging lines of businesses: Build and update key metrics and analytics for business decision support as requested by K&F Business
• Development team or Emerging Business team leads
• Ad hoc modeling to support business decisions on emerging business initiatives, as they may arise
• Partner with Sr. Director, FP&A Emerging Business to build an interim and quarterly OI outlook
process to monitor and communicate updates on projected quarterly results versus actual quarterly results for all K&F Emerging Lines of Business.
• Maintain Longview planning units (profit centers, cost centers, project codes) to ensure the most efficient reporting from the financial system. Embrace change and tailor reporting for any go forward changes to the VCBS financial planning system.
• Ensure reporting and all FP&A outputs are produced accurately and consistent with the deadlines established by ViacomCBS Corporate Finance.
• 8 years combined experience in a media organization, consulting firm, or accounting firm
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA/CPA a plus
• Highly analytical, with a focus on data-based decision making, and strong Excel skills
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel to allow for efficient synthesis of large data sets
• Strong technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with
• SAP and Longview is a plus.
• General interest in media industry, willing to draw on industry news/best practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail with the ability to balance between micro and macro
• Ability to solve problems and maximize efficiency
• Strong organizational skills – manage competing priorities and deadlines
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).