NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Noggin is a leading learning service for families with preschoolers. We deliver streaming and interactive learning content that helps young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. A direct-to-consumer offering available on 10 platforms, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
The Senior Animator will be responsible for animating and managing projects as well as project resources for learning content aimed at young children ages 2-6. Learning content includes streaming video, mobile games, and other interactive experiences.
• Responsible for 3D and 2D animation work. Typical projects involve Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects to build character animation and motion graphics animation.
• Lead small teams of animators crafting content that includes linear short form and interactive games.
• Create content and tell stories using character rigs from original Noggin IP and existing Nickelodeon IP characters (such as Paw Patrol, Blaze & The Monster Machines, and Baby Shark as examples).
• Work with scripts to give creative feedback on how to develop the project from storyboards through blocking, rough animation, and refined animations.
• Excel at the craft of animation, applying principles of animation, and principles of filmmaking, such as continuity, clarity, appeal, acting and emotions within their work.
• Senior Animators are responsible for communicating what is feasible in a project's timeline.
• Attend production check-ins & creative weeklies as well as lead small animation team meetings with their project peers.
• Collect work from the small animation team to share for review
• Collaborate with the Creative Director, Producers, CG Artists, and Designers to craft effective visual storytelling and educational narratives for the preschool audience of kids 3-6 years old.
• 2-4 year degree in computer arts or animation production.
• 5 years working as a 3D character animator on movies, commercials, promotional content, at a network, brand, studio or agency.
• Keyframe Animation for characters in Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects. Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects. Puppet and traditional animation Harmony and Flash/Animate a plus. Nuke compositing a plus.
• Experience in Animation Production & Post Production
• Understanding of Maya 3D character rigging, modeling, shading, lighting
• Experienced in After Effects visual effects and composite.
• Experience in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
• Able to work on-site at our NY offices
• Excellent communication skills and a professional collaborative attitude
• Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
• Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
• Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
• Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony a plus