Senior Analyst, Digital Consumer Insights
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst role will be a member of Nickelodeon’s Digital Consumer Insights Team, which supports all of Nickelodeon’s lines of business related to digital experiences (apps, games, interactive videos, etc.). The Analyst will report into the Digital Consumer Insights Director and assist in leading custom research solutions for preschool landscape, app development and digital content development.
• Work directly with producers, designers, product managers to supply to content development based on research and usability insights for apps, streaming services, emerging technology (VR, AR, voice control), games and other interactive content. Projects would cover product development from concept to launch.
• Conduct usability testing on digital experiences during various phases of product build and provide recommendations on how to quickly improve the product on an iterative basis.
• Collect and analyze data gathered through benchmark studies and surveys.
• Assist with and balance qualitative and quantitative research projects, including research design, pre-planning and assets collection, vendor management, qualitative research moderation, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination/presentation of findings.
• Assist in the creation of larger custom decks, synthesizing both primary and secondary research findings.
• Work closely with the Director to develop ideas and use consumer insights that help inform internal initiatives.
• 4 Years College - BA/BS degree in Communications, Media, Statistics, Social Sciences. Early Childhood Education background preferred.
• 2 Years work experience (in media or market research)
• Experience with primary research
• Qualitative and quantitative research analysis
• Understanding of questionnaire development & design
• Shown knowledge of Microsoft Office/Presentation Software
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are important.
• Candidate must be attentive, well-organized and a strategic thinker.
• Ease in finding the stories in both qualitative and quantitative data
• Ability to prioritize and run multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written. Comfortable presenting in a group setting.
• Knowledge of and passion for the children’s media industry; up-to-date on industry news
• Out-of-the-box thinker with naturally curious spirit
• Experience with children preferred
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).