NickelodeonNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 10:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Publicist, Preschool jobs in New York-NY
Search all Publicist, Preschool postings
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
Nickelodeon's communications department coordinates publicity efforts for Paramount Global's Kids & Family channels, platforms and studios. The team handles and carries out publicity campaigns for preschool, animation, and live-action content, garnering national and local pressâ€''spanning broadcast, radio, print and digitalâ€''for series launches, specials and live tentpole events such as Kids' Choice Awards. The team also coordinates press for off-channel brand initiatives, including consumer products, corporate, recreation, public affairs, location-based experiences, and more!
The Publicist, Preschool Communications will complete media relations activity nationwide for Nickelodeon's preschool business and report to VP, Communications.
• Generate publicity for Nickelodeon Preschool and Nick Jr. channel programming and digital TV initiatives, as well as for the network's NY-based events and initiatives.
• Develop and implement press campaigns for preschool series launches, specials, tentpoles, events and pro-social initiatives for preschool properties.
• Build relationships with internal departments (such as Talent, Development, Social, Digital, BALA, International and Marketing) and participate in appropriate meetings to ensure information flow and flag publicity opportunities proactively.
• Draft press materials including press releases, e-mail blasts, pitch letters, media alerts, speeches and talking points.
• Select episodic clips to service and pitch to media outlets.
• Pitch and secure broadcast, print, online, and radio interviews on a regional and national level and coordinate press junkets, interviews and satellite media tours.
• Work with writers, bloggers, and producers that cover TV, entertainment, business, celebrity, multi-cultural, parenting, music and sports and maintain relationships with writers, editors and producers at top-tier media outlets.
• Media train and prepare show talent, creators and executives for press interviews and manage preschool executive appearances at conferences, animation festivals and events.
• Update press site as needed (bios, photos, releases, clips, etc.)
• Cover red carpet appearances, press conferences/events, press junkets, photo shoots, set visits, and satellite/radio media tours with network talent and executives!
• Work with department assistants and coordinators on invoicing and payment processes for external vendors.
• Bachelor's degree
• 4 years of publicity experience required
• Have positive relationships with national, trade and parenting press, including television reporters and mom/dad bloggers
• Strong writing and pitching skills
• Excellent teammate
• Excellent communications skills
• Organizational ability with key attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally communicate with others