Pipeline Technical Director - Nickelodeon
Full Time Job
The Animation Technology team works with the animation production teams and most departments to help customize pipelines, build databases and create tools that are used every day in our dynamic and exciting studio environment.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy challenges, variety, and embrace change with enthusiasm.
You will have a direct impact on the production pipelines (tv and tv-feature), and be seen as a hero to the artists and productions that we support.
You will be part of a small but mighty team that values teaching and learning from each other, where your voice is heard and you will have ownership over tools and pipelines you write and support.
• Propose, design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing pipelines.
• Research new technologies and design ways to add them to the existing pipeline.
• Assess technical approaches for developing productions and communicate any concerns proactively to supervisors.
• Meet with the teams to gather feedback on tools usage, bugs and feature requests.
• Maintain internal and user facing documentation
• Provide additional technical support and training to production teams as needed, both internally and at vendor studios.
• Interact with MTS staff with respect to operating, file, and network systems issues.
• Interact with commercial vendors with respect to technical issues affecting proprietary tools our integrating tools or workflows between studios.
• “Fire-Fighting;” we support multiple productions and requests and problems come up and need to be addressed on a production schedule.
• 2 years of tool programming experience.
• 2 years of experience with Animation Pipelines
• Expert in Python.
• Experience with Shotgun (web & Toolkit)
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Great attention to detail and quality.
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non- technical individuals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Animation Production or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Familiarity with FileMaker and QT.
• CG-related APIs, especially in regards to Maya, Nuke, Mental Ray, Redshift, Arnold, and Photoshop