Manager, Licensing Toys - Consumer Products
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overseeing (and growing) the licensee base and revenue for the Toy business across the Viacom Portfolio in conjunction with VP of Global Toy Licensing.
• Supporting both short-term and long-term Viacom strategies in order to maximize revenue and brand exposure. Utilizing industry knowledge, determines appropriate business opportunities based on licensee experience, market share, creative ability, financial proposal.
• Manages all aspects of assigned Viacom accounts from pitching properties and input on contract negotiation to servicing the day-to-day business needs of licensees.
• Oversees existing licensee IP use within property and manages expansion of IP within properties.
• Works closely with key Viacom internal stakeholders (Ad Sales, Marketing, PR, Legal, Finance, Product Development, International Cluster Heads) to ensure consistent brand and strategy alignment, communication on necessary approvals and marketing activations.
• Establishing, managing and achieving financials goals, providing input in overall short-term and long-range budget targets.
• Assists in all forecasts and business reviews. Monitors sales results to ensure revenues meet budgetary goals.
• Responsible for identifying, developing and executing new business initiatives in the assigned categories
• Supporting the local in market teams to execute toy plans & drive revenues for their market. Trouble Shoot & provide central support with toy strategy
• Attends tradeshows and visits licensees as needed to update property activities and provide strategic direction on existing and upcoming IP’s.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of Licensing experience
• Have a good understanding of Viacom’s’ brand position and retail environment
• Experience of licensing both within the USA and International Markets preferable
• Domestic & International Travel required
• Handle day to day relationship with licensees.
• Provide support in the contract management process.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and competitive landscape.
• Maintain weekly updates with the International Toy Team to track performance, address issues & launch strategies
• Product Development
• Liaison with creative team and partner through product development and approval process.
• Ensure licensees deliver product line suitable for core category & brand values
• Liaise with retail teams to ensure the line delivers against key partner requirements.
• Prepare product presentations for retail development team and internal staff meetings