Manager, Strategy & Operations - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Overview and Responsibilities
The newly formed ViacomCBS Kids & Family Entertainment Group includes Nickelodeon and AwesomenessTV. Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. AwesomenessTV is a leading film and TV studio creating award-winning programming for all screens.
The Strategy & Business Development group plays a meaningful role in the growth of the Kids & Family business by working with all of the divisions of the organization to help build each brand and drive revenue growth. The group is responsible for partnering with the executive team to design strategies and positioning across Programming, Marketing, Digital and Innovation, Experiences, Consumer Products, Press, Finance, Business Affairs, MPS, Content Distribution, Viacom Digital Studios, Viacom International and Paramount Studios.
The group leads the identification, development and go-to-market planning for new business opportunities within the Kids & Family Group and is the primary liaison to ViacomCBS on corporate initiatives, business partnerships, deals, M&A evaluations, cross-functional task forces, and any other Corporate projects. Come work for this really exciting team!
The Manager, Strategy and Operations will report to the VP, Strategy and Business Development to develop long term business and revenue strategies for Nickelodeon’s Emerging Businesses primarily in content licensing and distribution, studio and live events and work across Viacom at large to operationalize the business.
• Collaborate with internal partners to plan and execute the long-range plan (LRP) to innovate and build emerging growth businesses
• Build financial models to analyze complex and ambiguous business problems using data, analysis, and market research to form thoughtful and comprehensives business cases and theses
• Facilitate new business development including market analysis, partnerships, and coordinating across the Company to further Nickelodeon emerging businesses
• Create and maintain trackers, dashboards and documents that provide senior management an accurate operational snapshot of our emerging business lines
• Assist with partnerships in content, marketing and production and assist in execution and follow ups as needed to ensure success
• Understand and translate internal and industry data and turn them into meaningful recommendations in key areas of business
• Develop presentation materials, models and ad hoc analysis to provide regular updates to Viacom senior management covering operations, new business opportunities, strategies, budgets and long range plans
• Participate in and support all aspects of M&A deals, including identifying targets, research, due diligence, financial modeling, and integration
• Ad hoc projects and analysis
• 2 years of experience working in investment banking or management consulting or in the entertainment/media and digital/video space
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• BA/BS degree from top university/college
• Business Development/Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Consulting experience
• Curiosity and interest in dissecting and interpreting data
• Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills, including expertise in financial analysis
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Organized, detail-oriented and ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player with strong interpersonal capabilities