Manager, Original Music
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2021 4:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Original Music jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Manager, Original Music postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are a full-service music team which handles original music, internal music supervision and music solutions for the Nickelodeon Kids & Family brands within ViacomCBS. Our team is seeking proactive, enthusiastic and curious Manager, who is a lover of music, to join our team! The role will support the Director of Music for all lines of business in a fast-paced environment while running multiple projects simultaneously.
The Manager will lean heavily into original music production management that includes tracking, scheduling and archiving all facets of the process from the inception of music concept, through to delivery and payment. Music projects span original songs, underscore, vocal recording sessions and more across animation, live action, unscripted, movies, promos, podcasts, short-form, Noggin etc. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner, nimble and flexible, with the ability to shift direction and reprioritize to meet deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Receive all reels and music talent pitches from songwriters/composers/reps - review and prioritize select writers, organize into playlists for team review and set meetings.
• Expediently prepare, distribute and collect NDA's from demo writers.
• Create and manage detailed project trackers for all submissions, including receipt of NDAs, demos, payments due, deadlines etc.
• Develop music creative briefs for composer outreach and manage incoming demo submissions.
• Manage songwriting process for original music including scheduling, deadlines, meetings, detailed note taking, clear and concise communication between parties, review, distribute and archive files.
• Coordinate writing and recording sessions, session files review and distribution to teams.
• Book and coordinate payments for teachers, vocal producers, engineers, studios etc.
• Collect and memorialize project details for the preparation of deals including creative direction, creative deliverables, vocal talent plan, songwriting schedule, recording date, final file deliverables, season bumps, producer royalties, etc.
• Liaise with internal departments (business & legal affairs, music & media licensing, development, production management, marketing, digital, and social media, etc.) to ensure awareness of original music and process.
• 3 years experience in music coordination at an entertainment and or production company (or similar)
• Prior experience in production management
• Strong working knowledge and interest in the music business and administration, specifically relating to composer deals, music production, typical terms, fee structure, copyrights and royalties.
• In depth knowledge of music; its history, genres, styles as well as current music
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Music, Entertainment, Production, Communication or related/similar field
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, Disco, etc.
• Familiarity with Rapid Cue, Pro Tools, and Power Point
• Experience working with music creators, composers, music supervisors, licensors.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Exhibits excellent at research, resourceful and solution driven, with strong follow through to resolve items.
• Ability to work independently with direction, as well as within a team setting.