Manager, Original Music- Nickelodeon
This was removed by the employer on 9/24/2021 4:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Original Music- Nickelodeon jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Manager, Original Music- Nickelodeon postings
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC).
We are seeking a proactive, hardworking and curious lover of music to join the Nickelodeon Kids & Family Music team! This is a full-service music team which handles original music, internal music supervision and music solutions for the Nickelodeon Kids & Family brands within ViacomCBS.
This role supports a Director and Vice President of Music for all lines of business in a fast-paced environment, handling many projects simultaneously. The role leans heavily into original music production management which includes tracking, scheduling and archiving all facets of the process from the inception of music concept, through to delivery and payment. Music projects span original songs, underscore, vocal recording sessions and more across animation, live action, unscripted, movies, promos, podcasts, short-form, Noggin etc. This role is based out of Hollywood, CA.
• Receive all reels and music talent pitches from songwriters/composers/reps - review and prioritize select writers, coordinate into playlists for team review and set meetings.
• Expediently prepare, distribute and collect NDA's from demo writers.
• Build and lead detailed project trackers for all submissions, including receipt of NDAs, demos, payments due, deadlines etc.
• Develop music creative briefs for composer outreach and handle incoming demo submissions.
• Lead songwriting process for original music including scheduling, deadlines, meetings, detailed note taking, clear and concise communication between parties, review, distribute and archive files.
• Coordinate writing and recording sessions, session files review and distribution to teams.
• Book and coordinate payments for Teachers, Vocal Producers, Engineers, Studios etc.
• Collect and memorialize project details for the preparation of deals including Creative Direction, Creative deliverables, Vocal Talent plan, Songwriting schedule, Recording dates, Final file deliverables, Season bumps, Producer royalties, etc.
• Communicate between several internal departments to ensure awareness of original music and process, including Business & Legal Affairs, Creative Music Strategy (CMS), Development, Production Management, Marketing, Digital, and Social Media as directed by VP & Director of Music.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Music, Entertainment, Production, Communication or related/similar field, preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Music Coordinator at an Entertainment and or Production company, preferred
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Google Docs, Disco
• Familiarity with Rapid Cue, Pro Tools, and Power Point a plus
• Experience with music creators, composers, music supervisors, licensors
• Understanding and strong interest in the music business and administration, specifically relating to composer deals, music production, typical terms and fee structure, copyrights, royalties, licensing and legal concepts
• In depth knowledge of music, its history, genres, and styles, and must be up to date with current music
• Very organized and detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Quick learner, nimble, flexible, ability to shift direction quickly, prioritize and able to meet deadlines
• Exhibits excellent research skills, inventive and solution driven, with strong follow through to resolve items
• Works well under direction yet can also work independently and have the initiative to work proactively to expedite processes, anticipate issues and lead team workload