Manager, Music & Talent
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (Nasdaq: VIACA, VIAC).
Seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, music lover to join the Nickelodeon Kids & Family Music Department! This full-service team acts as an in-house record label and handles everything from music creation, music releases, and developing music artists for the Nickelodeon Kids & Family brands within ViacomCBS. This role is based in Hollywood, CA.
• Work directly with Sr. Director, Music & Talent and Director, Talent Management, to help implement development strategies and long-terms plans for Nickelodeon Music Artists across all Nickelodeon Platforms.
• Handle artist logistics for appearances and performances across Nickelodeon Platforms, including tentpole events, festivals, social/digital, short form content, off-channel events, consumer products and TV/Film needs.
• Support with logistics for artist song record sessions, music videos, photo shoots, single/album releases, marketing and touring needs.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with Nickelodeon Music Artists, guardians, agents/managers, as well as both internally and with productions, in order to facilitate artist needs.
• Provide on-site artist management and support for all appearances and performances.
• Arrange artist logistics for appearances and performances including planning schedules/itineraries, booking travel (air, hotel, ground), glam, wardrobe, rider requests, work permits, and ensuring all contractual obligations are met.
• Facilitate artist record sessions including scheduling studio time, managing session files/lyrics, hiring welfare workers, and assist with payment processing.
• Acquire accurate approvals, relay creative notes and handle deliverables for music videos.
• Assist with single/album releases including song mastering, artwork, track listing, admin payments and marketing needs.
• Lead approval process for clips, promos, photos, etc, as well as distributing social media promotional content to artist reps.
• Handle internal ticket and M&G requests for JoJo Siwa's D.R.E.A.M. The Tour and other Nickelodeon Tours.
• Research and monitor external music artists, including emerging artists, influencers and social media stars to keep the Music Department informed.
• Build presentation decks and one-sheeters for various artist promotional support.
• Attend music industry functions (concerts, showcases, album release parties, etc.) to cultivate artist relations.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years in Music, Management, Public Relations or similar work environment.
• Positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a shown ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication and written skills, strong attention to detail, critical thinker and ability to work collaboratively within a team.
• Strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word with ability to build department decks and one-sheets.
• Extensive knowledge of music/social media/pop culture and able to handle a corporate environment.