Manager, Event Marketing
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Nickelodeon Experience will play a key role within the Nickelodeon event department as we seek innovative, creative and modern ways to represent the Nickelodeon channel on the ground/experientially for our internal clients to meet their dynamic and unique goals and needs. He/She must have the ability to think outside the box, with high style and design sensibilities, and a willingness to support all elements of the event – large and small - to deliver success.
• Working as part of the events team to produce a wide variety of events from large to small
• Manage all production elements including: production schedules and timelines, venue research & management, travel & transportation management, premiums, on-site branding elements, menu, talent, guest activities and sponsor activations, etc.
• Oversee development, design and execution of events throughout all stages of planning: conduct venue and premium research, arrange site visits, submit creative briefs, assist with preparation for weekly meetings with partners, develop staffing plans for on-site support and post-event recaps
• Budget creation and management for all assigned events
• Developing and implementing plans and production schedules for events (security walk thru, transportation plan, creative & printed materials, etc.)
• Responsible for generating event timelines, meeting schedules, and to help manage clients through the project planning and approval process
• Collaborate and communicate with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and successful outcomes i.e. creative design, social, property marketing, content programming, production management, legal etc.
• Interfacing directly with Nickelodeon Senior Management and key internal contacts to create content for events
• Actively seeking out new vendors and partners to keep our events fresh and innovative
• 5 to 7 years in Special Events and/or Event Production
• Project Management and Leadership experience required
• Adaptability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and work under deadlines while keeping a positive demeanor and client focused
• Must be a flexible and a creative problem solver
• Must be self-motivated, organized and detail oriented
• Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as required for events
• Reports into Director, Nickelodeon Experience
• B.A. Degree Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent work experience preferred