Manager, Consumer Marketing
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Consumer Marketing Nick Jr.
Overview and Responsibilities
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC).
The Consumer Marketing team is responsible for owning the marketing strategy, tactics, and audience engagement for Nick Jr.’s preschool series including PAW Patrol, Ryan’s Mystery Playdate, Blue’s Clues & You! and many more.
This team is responsible for clearly defining network objectives, identifying target audiences, surfacing relevant research and insights, and developing the preschool series positioning and strategy that guides all marketing efforts pertaining to the show. The team develops and executes custom marketing programs across on-air, off-channel digital, social, and experiential.
• Facilitate the development and execution of off-channel TV, digital, YouTube, social, and out-of-home media campaigns by creating briefs, delivery specifications, and assisting with the creative review of all campaign materials.
• Serve as point person for internal creative teams and project management on the development and trafficking or campaign deliverables.
• Apply and articulate a strategic approach to marketing for our target audiences
• Collaborate cross-functionally with On-Air, YouTube, Social, and Press Teams to ensure cohesive campaign content rollout in line with strategy, trends, and critical metrics.
• Coordinate and project lead show-specific promotional activities, including but not limited to: event activations, influencer partnerships, co-branded content productions and promo shoots.
• Serve as a liaison to external agencies and partners, including influencers, managing communication and relationships.
• Identify and ideate successful approaches to innovative and cutting-edge marketing.
• Create informative one-sheets, presentations, recaps, and documents for use in presentations to team members, show creators, executives, and external partners.
• Be a champion for our consumer, our brand, and our properties to ensure that all work reflects a preschooler or parents point of view and maintains the integrity of our creative IP.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of experience
• Creative, organized, and naturally inquisitive looking to consistently further their knowledge of the industry, audience, and marketing landscape
• Background in entertainment, marketing, or account management at an agency.
• Strategic thinker, who is organized, creative, and naturally inquisitive
• Experience writing creative marketing briefs
• Strong presentation skills
• Deep understanding of the entertainment industry as well as social and digital marketing landscape
• Blend of creative and analytical skills
• Project management experience
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).