Manager, Communications - Nickelodeon
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon’s West Coast Communications department is seeking a dynamic, driven team player with excellent written and oral communication skills for a Manager of Communications with an emphasis on program publicity.
The candidate should be a creative, strategic thinker and problem-solver; a strong writer with experience in drafting press releases, bios, internal and external executive announcements and talent and executive quotes; and an exceptional work ethic and a positive attitude.
• Create and implement publicity campaigns for assigned projects including: animation and live-action launches and returning series; original television movies; and events.
• Pitch all areas of media including TV (morning shows, daytime and news programs), trade, radio, animation, teen/tween, music, digital, sports, blogs.
• Develop and write press kit materials including: press releases, bios, synopsis, captions, key message points for executives and talent.
• Coordinate and manage sets visits and press junkets, while closely with on set production, executive producers and show creators.
• Escort Nickelodeon talent at events, premieres, awards shows and cover interviews.
• Work closely with all internal lines of business including: marketing, social, talent, production, legal and current and development for animation and live-action series.
• Experience working with external clients i.e.: PR firms, managers and agents.
• 5 years' experience in entertainment communications.
• Strong knowledge of the PR field with experience in press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
• Very strong writing and pitching skills (writing samples required upon request).
• Bachelor’s degree strongly desired OR equivalent experience
• Must have solid relationships with reporters, ideally spanning TV, trade, teen/tween magazines, weeklies, consumer, online, blogs and business media.
• Experience in talent media training and executive prep.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Flexibility a must. Willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.