Executive Vice President, Bala, Animation
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Overview and Responsibilities:
As an Attorney, do you love working within Animation? If so, our SVP, Business and Legal Affairs opening at Nickelodeon could be an ideal fit! You will serve principally as a senior business and legal affairs executive for animated feature films and animated series content for Nickelodeon Animation Studios. This fantastic position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Work as a senior member of the team of BALA lawyers, contract managers and assistants based in Burbank who support Nick Animation Studios development and production for animated feature films and series.
• Negotiate, structure and draft a high volume of complex, high-profile creator/EP deals, co-productions, overall deals, and services deals.
• Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs guidance and support to the senior Nickelodeon animated development and production team.
• Work cross-functionally with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
• Grow and manage relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• JD and must be a member of the California Bar.
• Minimum of 18 years of transferable experience.
• High-level experience with animated feature films and/or animated television.
• Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and IP rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required.
• Desired candidate will have a detailed understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess proven ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Excellent knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, handle a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
• Ability to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-centric.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.