Editorial Director - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Editorial Director - Nickelodeon (On-Air Promo)
The Editorial Director will be the first line of review for most scripted brand creative content.
• Reviewing scripts and providing copywriting direction to writer/producers. Types of scripts/copy include: on-air promos and navigation, brand and property image spots, off-channel marketing spots, YouTube shorts, social posts, educational shorts for our SVOD service.
• Insuring that any scripts or copy are entertaining, age-appropriate, on-brand, and effective in delivering a message
• Collaborating with Creative Director and writer/producers on initial creative concepts to insure maximum audience appeal and effectiveness
• Making sure scripts and copy execute effectively on overall creative strategy as established by the SVP of Brand Creative and VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
• Maintaining the integrity of the Nick Jr. brand voice in any scripts or copy, as established by VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
• Must have 5 years of experience writing on-air promotional/brand content
• Must be proficient creating brand content for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
• Must be able to handle a large volume of different projects at one time
• Must be proficient in crafting messages for different audiences (preschoolers/parents/millennials)
• Must be able to deliver constructive, creative feedback to a variety of different personalities
• Passion for kids/preschool content a plus