Editorial Director - Nickelodeon
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Editorial Director - Nickelodeon (On-Air Promo)
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
Nickelodeon Preschool’s award-winning Brand Creative team is seeking a hardworking creative to lead all aspects of the scripting of innovative, cross-platform brand work featuring the preschool world’s most beloved characters.
• Reviewing scripts and providing copywriting direction to writer/producers. Types of scripts/copy include: on-air promos and navigation, brand and property image spots, off-channel marketing spots, YouTube shorts, social posts, educational shorts for our SVOD service
• Insuring that scripts/copy are entertaining, age-appropriate, on-brand, and effective in delivering a message
• Collaborating with Creative Director and writer/producers on initial creative concepts to insure maximum audience appeal and effectiveness
• Making sure scripts and copy execute effectively on overall creative strategy as established by the SVP of Brand Creative and VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
• Maintaining the integrity of the Nick Jr. brand voice in any scripts or copy, as established by the VP of Creative Strategy/Editorial
• You have AT LEAST 5 years of experience writing on-air promotion/brand content
• You’re a promo-pro. You can look at a script and know how to make it better—make the idea bigger, make the execution more surprising, and get kids 2-5 to stop in their tracks. You can take exciting risks with promo format and innovate without losing sight of the messaging goal
• You get kids. You don’t have to be a subject matter expert in early childhood, but you enjoy kids and have a general sense of what they understand, what excites them, and what makes them laugh! Affinity for talking animals a plus
• Do you have an unrivaled voice and perspective that can appeal to our diverse preschool audience?
• You’re excited by the opportunity to guide and inspire a team of highly skilled writers. Helping them take their creative thinking and writing ability to new heights
• You’re no stranger to The Elements of Style…you’ve got IMPECCABLE, ENVIABLE, AWESOME GRAMMAR
• You love to participate in and lead creative conversations and brainstorms, and are constantly seeking out inspiration to keep your work fresh and new—even though you’re promoting the same properties again and again
• You have the interpersonal skills to give constructive, actionable feedback, elevating your team’s work along the way
• You find working on LOTS of different projects at the same time exhilarating—and you’re able to thoughtfully integrate discreet creative strategies into each and every one of them!
• You have an interest in/familiarity with parent-directed social content and can maintain brand integrity even as you meme-ify our properties!