Director, Social Strategy -Nickelodeon International
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reports to: VP, Multiplatform & Brand Engagement
Overview & Responsibilities:
Nickelodeon International is searching for a Director of Social Strategy to lead strategic & operational efforts across its matrixed International 3rd party platform footprint. The Director will mobilize their team to drive planning & publishing strategy with a focus on video for the international markets, be responsible for curating content & making decisions based on content performance/insights and evolve internal operational systems & workflows to maximize efficiency. The role will focus on both strategically promoting the channel’s line-up of content for the kids 2-11 audience, while also being responsible for helping to achieve growth & consumption targets across all Nickelodeon’s priority accounts around the world.
• Lead an efficient team in shared goals of video consumption & content marketing; understand & know how to hit targets vs. simply reporting on KPIs
• Attend weekly leadership meetings with VDSI (Viacom Digital Studios International) General Manager & team as well as regional facing for updates, planning & strategy
• Partner with VDSI team to implement tools & workflows to build seamless content flow from the US to INTL to the markets; be ready to measure efficiency & enact change where needed
• Build connections with local markets to evangelize optimization & best practices; feedback on local content strategies and curate local content for global sharing. Create two-way communication paths to receive feedback on content & process – evolve or solve as necessary.
• Formulate strong relationship with US team to build content workflows & solve logistical issues in content delivery & future localization
• Form strong partnerships with established and emerging social platforms like Facebook & YouTube with an ability to secure industry first opportunities & support innovative agendas
• Develop and communicate Organic and Paid Social Marketing strategies for international markets for new and returning Series, Events, Consumer Products, Native Apps, Pro-social and Ad Sales initiatives.
• Partner with the Nickelodeon domestic groups to access, utilize & adapt full asset pipeline in international markets
• Oversee management and evolution of local editorial calendars and publishing across all key social platforms.
• Ensure a strong community management program to ensure Nick Brand Social is listening and responding to fans on a consistent basis in the markets
• Partner with Digital Creative Group to deliver insights, results & usage information to ensure continued optimization of central work
• Utilize content library, analytics, usage reports & platform insights to create social briefs to the Nickelodeon INTL digital creative team
• Work in tandem with local Marketing/Social teams to analyze data points on best practices, content performance & optimize central pipeline
• Generate weekly/monthly reports of content usage & effectiveness & help local teams improve performance metrics based on feedback
• Key Nickelodeon stakeholder in rollout & evolution of tools & systems to help local markets plan, publish, store & collect data on company set KPIs
• Lead vendor negotiations & partnerships
• Develop & implement optimized delivery methods of social content to international teams.
• In collaboration with Nickelodeon’s consumer marketing team, consult on paid social/influencer campaigns both globally & in specific markets
• Align and plan strategic campaigns with internal stakeholders, including consumer marketing, franchise planning, and integrated marketing/sales.
• Interpret and analyze all available data and make strategic and tactical recommendations on account management based on those insights.
• Understand GDPR and underlying laws governing children and social media, and work closely with Nick BALA to ensure compliance.
• Bachelors’ degree
• 7 years in Social Media including campaigns of all types (Organic, Paid, Influencers, Content Marketing), preferably related to the Television or Entertainment industry. Both network and agency professionals welcome to apply.
• Expertise in using third party ad management tools and a history of creating successful/optimized Paid Social Media campaigns.
• Tubular, Falcon, Qbank, Percolate, Sprinklr, Spredfast knowledge a plus
• Prior experience managing people; ability to manage & influence teams remotely a plus
• Must possess fluency in major social platforms’ best practices, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter, working knowledge of secondary platforms (Tik Tok, Tumblr, Pinterest) and a keen eye for emerging platforms and trends.
• Briefing and managing workflow with outside agencies, plus possessing a robust database of the best social agencies.
• Inspirational leader who is both positive & solution oriented
• Excellent collaborator & a team player
• Ability to manage, motivate & collaborate in varied & international team structure
• Meticulous & vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
• International expertise a huge plus.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment; able to multi-task, iterate quickly, and adapt to a rapidly evolving brand in a constantly changing environment
• Prior experience in the kids’ space is a plus but not required.
• “Hold the drama!” - Jojo Siwa