Director Of Cg Production
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 4:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director Of Cg Production jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director Of Cg Production postings
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Director of CG is a studio position that focuses on strategies for the growth and development of CG at Nickelodeon. They work alongside technology teams to identify new software, pipelines, and tools to advance the studio forward. This role collaborates with departments throughout the studio providing CG insight into topics including recruiting, training, events, and outreach opportunities for CG staff. They oversee the CG Supervisors within the studio, maintaining and refining standard processes for productions inhouse and with vendors. The Director of CG reports to the SVP of Production.
Are you ready for this exciting opportunity? Join us today!
include, but not limited to:
• Partner with technology teams to ensure studio-wide standards and practices are consistent and being met across all productions/pipelines. This includes maintaining best-practices live documentation and communicating expectations with productions and CG Supervisors.
• Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative CG efforts at the studio, such as studio wide user groups and demos, sharing of tip n tricks.
• Establish relationships, and maintains communication with vendor studios to assist in the assessment, testing, setting of expectations at the start of production, troubleshooting pipeline and workflow standards and practices, and archiving
• Partners with CG Supervisors, the technology teams, and artists to identify new software, workflow, and pipeline opportunities
• Collaborates with various studio departments to provide training, mentorship, and educational opportunities
• Leads end of production (and end of season) post-mortems, documenting relevant information. Use information of past production experiences to refine pipeline and practices for new productions.
• Represents Nickelodeon CG community's interests by participating in the planning of external events and industry conferences, such as SIGGRAPH, portfolio reviews, college visits, Artist Fellowship Program, etc.
• Mentors and meets with the CG Supervisors on a continual basis, giving detailed updates of their production's needs, concerns, and successes. Providing feedback and information to Executive Leadership as warranted
• Dotted line reporting of the CG Supervisors to the Director of CG. With input from production leadership and artists, this role completes performance evaluations and management of CG Supervisors in conjunction with the show leadership
• Assists in outreach and recruiting, for technical and artist casting for productions, partnering with Recruiting and Artist Management Departments on CG initiatives, panels, presentations
• Works with Studio stake-holders to update confluence website
• 10 years of animated feature and/or episodic experience
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of CG pipelines and an expert user of software packages used throughout animation pipelines
• Experience leading, mentoring, and training large teams
• Ability to self-manage and motivate others
• Communicates creative and technical thoughts clearly and effectively across many departments and organizational levels of studio leadership
• Keep tabs on emerging technologies and industry trends
• Have the ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment