Department Assistant, Communications
Full Time Job
The Nickelodeon Communications team leads all aspects of the communication for animation content, live action content and events for Nickelodeon and Paramount series, movies, and theatricals! This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the West Coast Senior Vice President of Communications and the entire west coast team!
• Provide daily support to the west coast publicity team, and partner closely with the east coast administrative assistant.
• Provide administrative support to the SVP, including answering phones, scheduling meetings and maintaining daily schedules.
• Perform internal and external distribution of press releases, publicity breaks and other publicity related materials to internal and external clients.
• Compose and generate tune-in alerts; back-up proof reading and editing on documents prepared by supervisor and team.
• Monitor all media for press breaks every morning and throughout the day.
• Ensure accurate filing of documents, publications, clips on department email server.
• Assemble press kit materials including press releases, talking points, cast bios, credits and various other public relations materials.
• Coordinate media junkets and satellite media tours, and all logistical aspects including, event catering, grooming services, billing.
• Support event logistics for all programming efforts – awards shows, premieres and screenings.
• Organize press visits to set and studios for live-action and animation programming.
• Handle all department billing, POs. Coordinate with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment.
• Handle expense reports for SVP and team as needed.
• Create and manage media lists.
• Arrange and coordinate travel for Nickelodeon and non-Nickelodeon talent, and department members.
• Coordinate and arrange staff meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare conference rooms.
• Order supplies and maintain premiums and supplies.
• Liaise with other departments (i.e. programming, talent, current series and development, photography, style, production) on various press-related projects.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 – 2 years related experience preferred (strong internship experience considered)
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to shifting priorities under deadlines and pressure.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Interest in media or publicity.
• Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication with the ability to collaborate with staff, internal and external contacts (including production staff, outside vendors and partner company representatives) and senior management.
• Ability to handle confidential materials and issues in a professional manner.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime on nights and weekends when needed.