Coordinator, Toys - Nickelodeon Consumer Products
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Consumer Products division brings on-air programming to life through creative design and retail programs. The Toys team makes sure that their specific product categories are properly executed and have strong presence across the market. The team is responsible for signing partners to manufacture products based on our TV shows and then help our partners manage to get them to retailers and ultimately into consumer's hands.
As the Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to participate in the product development process from start to finish.
• Provide internal and external coordination, which supports and advances the annual business plan and strategies developed by the manager within a broad range of toy categories.
• Provide support, information and relevant materials to licensees in order to maximize all licensees’ development of new products.
• Coordinate the internal review and expedition of product development in a smooth efficient manner.
• Analyze and prepare reports on the above categories and new ones through research culled from trade journals, industry trend reviews and/or other available resources.
• Update all competitive information with regard to both Nickelodeon products and, more generally, manufacturers of products in relevant categories.
• Act as a liaison between the consumer products group and the various departments, specifically, the Creative and Marketing teams.
Manage all product development key partners designated by manager
• Coordinate the internal review and expedition of all product development in a smooth, efficient manner.
• Ensure that all products adhere to proper safety standards.
• Ensure that licensees follow all music, voice talent rules and regulations.
• Ensure that all licensees tie into Nick tentpole theme/promotional events and have the necessary art reference.
Manage flow of creative materials to licensees
• Ensure that licensees receive all necessary creative materials: Access to NickCentral, property styleguides, new art, episodes, show bibles, scripts, sizzles etc.
Maintain and promote communication between departments
• Maintain and update the following databases with inter-department access: Visual Line Lists (with product shots, in-store dates, wholesale and retail prices) outside of Core Toy Partners, Priority Product Lists, Contact Data Base, Contract Management System, and Contract Status.
• Assist in presenting product line updates at CP/Ops and internal staff meetings
• Minimize similar product development within CP by working closely with all CP LOB’s and Promotions Marketing
Key Partners (Product Development & Department Request):
• Master Toy partners including (but not limited to): Mattel, Hasbro, Spin Master, Just Play, Vivid
• Plush partners including (but not limited to): Build-A-Bear, Ty
• Liaison with NCR and partner
• 3rd Party approvals working with account manager
• Production reference and assets
• Voice talent/fees working with account manager
• Competitive research
• Trade Show/Industry Event appointments and preparation
• Meeting recaps and logistics outside of Core Toy Partners
Update internal documents:
• Contact sheet
• Nick Names
• Contract Status sheet
• Meeting Calendars with input from the team
• Line list and placement grids
• Priority products
• Press requests/awards
• Product requests
• Marketing updates
• Compile UPC lists
• Receive and send product samples
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-2 years experience in product development, marketing or project management, toy experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to present in front of an internal and external audience
• Detail and deadline oriented, with great time management skills
• Flexible, self-starter, able to work well under pressure
• Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinker