Coordinator, Standards & Practices
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Standards & Practices - Nickelodeon
The coordinator for Nickelodeon Kids & Family Standards and Practices is responsible for day-to-day decisions related to advertising, programming, production and integrated marketing standards across all Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Nick@Nite, and Nick Jr. platforms and products including linear, digital and social. The coordinator's primary role is as a key player in the department's efforts to ensure that all third-party advertising, as well as internally created advertising and marketing extensions, comply with FCC and FTC regulatory guidelines, industry self-regulation (CARU, MPA, ESRB, CFBAI) and Nickelodeon best practices.
The Standards and Practices commercial clearance review process critically supports Nickelodeon's ad sales business through daily review of scripts, storyboards, rough cuts, and finals for all third-party ads. In addition to linear commercial clearance, the coordinator reviews advertising submissions for Nickelodeon's digital platforms, marketing and social asset submissions from third party licensees, participates in coverage of live events, and will occasionally review program scripts, marketing proposals, pitches and executions for digital and multi-platform initiatives. The coordinator will support the department Manager and will work closely with internal and external clients to provide clear and timely responses and creative solutions.
Coordinator will also attend various department meetings and on occasion operate the delay button on live productions after hours on weekend.
• Strong interpersonal skills â€'' highly collaborative and respectful of others
• Strong communication skills â€'' written and verbal
• Good editorial judgment
• Good diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Energetic and positive problem solver
• Ability to be proactive in servicing clients
• Ability to represent the department in a professional, mature and positive manner
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a diverse workload
• Ability to work independently AND be part of a team
• Should enjoy working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
• Good research skills
• Highly flexible and willing to adapt, as needed
• Strong computer skills (Internet, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MAC experience a plus)
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years work experience
Interest in children's media industry and/or advertising policy