Coordinator, Rights Management
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
The Global Rights Analysis Department (RAD) is a critical service department in Viacom, which among other things, reviews, analyzes and captures the relevant data (into the rights management system), including agreements for talent and production companies, in connection with original and acquired content for various Viacom brands both domestic and international. RAD runs regular reports for Viacom (e.g., monthly rights requests, territorial scheduling rights, certain financial reports) as well as responds to specific requests from various groups regarding exploitation rights, obligations, and restrictions for various programming. The rights management system also feeds rights information into the scheduling system (WON).
As a Coordinator in the Global Rights Analysis Department (RAD) you will to oversee all administrative activities related to domestic and international agreements and rights including maintenance of trackers and reports across the entire Viacom portfolio of brands. This role is based in downtown Nashville, TN.
• Maintain the Tracker and distribute the agreements sent to the Domestic RAD Mail Boxes
• Review and compare documents in RAD email boxes, deliver documents to Analysts, compare with the eDocs Report and provide discrepancies to manager
• Coordinate with all brand representatives for the Domestic RAD Greenlight Reports (including confirming that the Rights Analysts have implemented any applicable changes into the Rights Management System)
• Track and confirm updates for all the MML Channels’ Trackers in coordination with the Domestic MML
• Maintain the MML Examples Report
• Maintain updates to the In-Scope/Out-of-Scope report when there are changes
• Track and include as applicable all new language and system entry rules on the Examples Report
• Maintain the Domestic Acquisitions Tracker
• Maintain the Tracker and distribute the agreements sent to IRAD Mailbox
• Coordinate with all VIMN brand representatives across the clusters for the International RAD Greenlight Reports (including confirming that the Rights Analysts have implemented any applicable changes into the Rights Management System)
• Track and confirm updates for all the MML Channels’ Trackers in coordination with the International MML
• Maintain updates to in Scope/Out-of-Scope Document for VIMN where there are changes
• Review and compare documents in IRAD email boxes and deliver documents to Rights Analysts, compare with the IRAD eDocs Report and provide discrepancies to manager
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 2 years Administrative, Contract Management or Paralegal experience, preferably in an entertainment law firm or business/legal affairs position at a major studio or network.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to deal effectively with different cultures, handle conflict and be effective in a team environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced business environment
• Ability to deliver on commitments
• Desire and willingness to learn new skills
• Self-motivator with a positive professional