Animator / Motion Graphic Designer
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
This position is for candidates interested in animation and motion graphics, with strong skills rooted in 3D modeling and animation. Applicants should be in touch with their â€œinner kidâ€, have a sense of humor, a passion for pop culture, and not be afraid to get their hands dirty (or Slimy!) in the creative process. The Nickelodeon Animator will collaborate with Art Directors and Animation Directors to bring the companyâ€™s design vision to life in motion. The ideal candidate is tapped into contemporary trends, while also keeping up with the newest technologies, render engines, and plugins to aid in crafting groundbreaking content. As a creative problem solver, you will help bring to life a broad spectrum of graphics initiatives, such as branding & identity, show packages, and promos.
• The ability and flexibility to build engaging and complex motion graphics for a diverse array of projects.
• Keeping up to date with advancements in motion graphics animation as well as new technologies and techniques on the pulse of contemporary trends in motion design.
• Manages time effectively and gives accurate assessments of the workload and the time required to complete tasks.
• Crafting motion graphics animation that translates the values of our brand, improves our properties and grows our business.
• Degree in applicable field or minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience with motion graphics houses and/or advertising agencies.
• Must have a comprehensive reel showcasing your abilities, and be able to answer specific questions on what aspects of particular shots youâ€™ve worked on.
• Strong graphic design principles and aesthetic judgment in typography, color theory, layout, and composition.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of styles and techniques.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite.
• Expert knowledge of C4D and a variety of render engines (Arnold, Redshift, Octane)
• Expert knowledge in modeling, lighting, and rendering in C4D. Rigging is a plus!
• Knowledge of keying, rotoscoping, and compositing.
• Knowledge of a post-production motion graphics pipeline, including collaborating with multiple visual artists simultaneously, and incorporating elements such as shoot footage, 3D renders, VFX, color correction, and more.
• Not required but knowledge of Houdini and fluid (read: SLIME) simulation is a major plus!
• Experience animating for entertainment marketing; including streaming, TV and theatrical
• Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
• Strong time management & organization skills: balances competing priorities while meeting strict deadlines.
• Effectively communicate with the Art Director(s), Animation Director(s) and other members of the team to ensure that they understand employeesâ€™ ideas.
• Ability to articulate creative vision and evaluate quality of creative products.
• Ability to work within and encourage a team and also under your own initiative.
• Keen curiosity about youth pop culture and how it relates to the Nickelodeon brand.