Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2022 11:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Storyboard Supervisor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Storyboard Supervisor postings
Full Time Job
Storyboard Supervisor (Kamp Koral)
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.Join us!
Job Title: Storyboard Supervisor
Department: Nickelodeon Animation Studios
Reports To: Line Producer
We are looking for a Storyboard Supervisor: Kamp Koral (CG)!!
This individual will oversee in-house and freelance storyboard artists to ensure the quality and the style of the show is maintained.
• Thoroughly review each assignment with the storyboard artist at the start of the assignment.
• Regularly monitor the artist's progress to ensure the assignment is completed on time and of appropriate quality.
• Answer any questions the artist may have regarding his or her assignment.
• Communicate regularly with appropriate production staff regarding the status of all storyboard work.
• Review storyboards at all stages of production.
• Attend all storyboard pitches; pitch board if necessary; give creative notes on board.
• Oversee storyboard revisions.
• Take animatic soft lock through animatic final lock, adding gags and/or plussing boards, including giving notes, while ensuring animatic comes in at correct time.
• Review all storyboard and animatic notes and ensure all such notes are implemented; prepare/approve all necessary materials required for overseas production
• Communicate notes to storyboard artists and revisionists.
• Help to determine what designs are necessary prior to storyboard handout and assist design staff in clarifying breakdowns.
• Help to recruit freelance and in-house storyboard artists and revisionists; review portfolios and tests.
• Communicating to the producers and other production staff regarding the status of work and any concerns; presenting possible solutions to storyboard and animatic schedule problems; participating in all production meetings.
• Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines; ensuring all storyboard artists and revisionists follow production guidelines.
• Assist on special projects.
• A strong knowledge and understanding of storytelling and filmmaking techniques and theories.
• Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
• Storyboard directing experience required.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to multitask required.
• Relevant drawing experience necessary.
• BA/BS in Fine Arts preferred, or a minimum of 1 – 2 years storyboard experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.