Sr. Technical Support Representative
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/11/2022 2:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Sr. Technical Support Representative jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr. Technical Support Representative postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Animation Technical Support Representative reports to a Manager or Director of Technical / Desktop Services. The Senior Technical Support Representative will provide the expertise required to maintain and support various IT systems, adhering to strategic department and company standards. Someone in this position will work collaboratively with members of other IT groups in support of animation related projects and is expected to provide a high level of customer service, advanced technical support for end-user animation related software and hardware, as well as network, server, Service Desk support and telecommunications support as needed.
• Troubleshoots user problems requiring an Advanced understanding of Macintosh and Windows desktop environment, and a high-level understanding of inter-related technologies.
• Perform password resets for computer and voicemail applications.
• Monitors open incidents on a daily basis to ensure that requests are being handled in a timely manner.
• Escalates incidents/service requests as appropriate.
• Works to assess the customer's comfort level with technology, and may have to manage customer anxiety to determine the actual nature, or underlying cause, of a user problem.
• Can problem-solve most standard desktop (Macintosh, and Windows computers) problems.
• Repairs PCs/peripherals following established procedures.
• Selects specifications for new desktop equipment based on user needs and configures as appropriate.
• Configures and installs new desktop hardware.
• Supports mobile devices and AV equipment, installing, troubleshooting, and supporting as needed.
• Documents problems and resolutions.
• Follows up with the customer to ensure that problems have been addressed successfully.
• Possesses knowledge of standard desktop hardware and software and able to address most issues by following established procedures.
• Advanced understanding of network connectivity and infrastructure.
• Assist with video conferencing setup and troubleshooting in conference rooms.
• Support mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Android tablets).
• Install desktop software, including upgrades.
• Support Cisco IP desk phones.
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of various animation related software including: Adobe Creative Suite, Shotgrid, Unity Pro, Maya, and Cinesync.
• Familiarity with Adobe Suite and other editorial software and work flows.
• Work closely with finance department personnel to facilitate business justification and procurement to necessary hardware and software.
• Strong customer service skills, positive attitude, excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software (i.e. ServiceNow).
• Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (i.e. VPN, Citrix Client, Remote Desktop, and wireless solutions).
• Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems and Mac Operating Systems.
• Exceptional Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook/Exchange and Office for Mac.
• Strong knowledge providing hardware breakfix for PC and Mac systems, laptops, mobile devices, and printer hardware.
• Ability to independently troubleshoot new technologies as they emerge.
• Good understanding of network connectivity and infrastructure.
• General understanding of the company's products, services and business processes, and the ability to prioritize the criticality of a user area or application requiring support.
• Understands the technology organization and where to escalate customer or operational problems.
• Can effectively choose from among many different procedures or approaches in order to implement a solution.
• Courteous and tactful at all times with customers and Paramount employees, and colleagues. Is always seen by customers as professional and helpful.
• Effectively probes customers to figure out the actual or underlying cause, of a customer problem.
• Operates effectively as part of a larger team and in managing own work.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in a technical support role.
• Strong desire to help others (customer service), friendly, motivated, positive attitude, excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook Office 2013 and Office for Mac 2016\2019).
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (WIN7\WIN10) and Macintosh Operation Systems (Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur).
• Strong knowledge of PC systems and MAC systems (desktop and laptop), as well as wireless devices and printer hardware.
• Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (RDP, VPN, Citrix, etc.).
• Ability to troubleshoot wireless handheld devices (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, iPad, etc).
• Previous experience with tracking tickets in an incident management system.
• Excellent ability to follow procedures and processes to ensure we remain IT Compliant.
• Previous experience with Active Directory is desired.
• Knowledge of VOIP technology a plus.
• Knowledge of Cisco telephone system a plus.
• Ability to keep pace in a fast moving environment.
• Proven track record of being detail-oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
• Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical staff.
• Knowledge of Video Conferencing systems (CMA, RMX, and MGC).