Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Animation
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 2:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Animation? For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more.
At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.
Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.
Overview and Responsibilities
As an Attorney, do you love working within Animation? If so, our SVP, Business and Legal Affairs opening at Nickelodeon could be an ideal fit! You will serve principally as a senior business and legal affairs executive for animated feature films and animated series content for Nickelodeon Animation Studios. This fantastic position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Work as a senior member of the team of BALA lawyers, contract managers and assistants based in Burbank who support Nick Animation Studios development and production for animated feature films and series.
• Negotiate, structure and draft a high volume of complex, high-profile creator/EP deals, co-productions, overall deals, and services deals.
• Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs guidance and support to the senior Nickelodeon animated development and production team.
• Work cross-functionally with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment Team, Production Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Advise various departments for the network (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates and forms.
• Grow and manage relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• JD and must be a member of the California Bar.
• Minimum of 15 years of transferable experience.
• High-level experience with animated feature films and/or animated television.
• Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and IP rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is required.
• Desired candidate will have a detailed understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess proven ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Excellent knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, handle a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
• Ability to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
• The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-centric.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
#LI-SD5 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.