Senior Counsel, Animation
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2021 7:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Counsel, Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Counsel, Animation?
Full Time Job
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more.
At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others.
Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell.
Overview and Responsibilities
Our open Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services, primarily for the Nickelodeon Animation studio, with a focus on original animation development and production. The role will balance a heavy volume of matters relating to both “in-house” and third party productions.
Primary duties will include the following:
• Draft and negotiate, with minimal supervision, a high volume of development and production agreements, primarily for animated projects, including development agreements, production services agreements, producer agreements, writer agreements, director agreements, vendor agreements, license agreements and rights acquisition agreements.
• Provide advice for productions and work with a broad range of departments (Production Management, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Risk Management, Litigation, Music & Media Licensing and Pre-Broadcast Content Review) to implement production legal policies and procedures.
• Advise various departments for the networks (Programming, Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in connection with complex BALA matters.
• Review and analyze chain of title and other rights issues.
• Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks.
• Develop and craft deal parameters and templates and forms.
• Partner with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• Qualified candidates must be a member of the California Bar with a minimum of 5 years of transferable experience (ideally in a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company environment).
• Working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (Animation Guild, Local 839 I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA, SAG-AFTRA), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is s plus,
• Mastered capability for legal research, analysis and reasoning.
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills are a must.
• Our ideal candidate will have a proven understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices and possess demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys.
• Innate ability to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameter
• Come in and build strong internal client relationships and effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of high pressure.
• You will be collaborative, positive and team-focused.