Pre-Vis Environment Modeler
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
PRE-VIS ENVIRONMENT MODELER (FEATURES)
• Work with the Pre-vis Supervisor to create models for environments, props, and occasionally characters to be used in the Pre-vis/Rough Layout process.
• Ensure that all models reflect the design aesthetic and shape language of the Production Designer and Art Director.
• Create detailed modeling guidelines for each set design (to be built at vendor studio). Check, notate, or modify Pre-vis/Art models against final vendor models to ensure proper registration between all representations of an asset.
• Complete tasks within the time allotted.
• Low polygon modeling skills to represent complex geometric assets to optimize scene efficiency.
• Extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
• The ideal candidate should be an artist who understands rigging complexity in addition to Modeling.
• Basic understanding of shaders and textures in order to apply simple surfacing to modeled assets.
• A good understanding of model scale including proper architectural guides and standards to maintain proper scale consistency across a show.
• advanced knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props, Maya's referencing system, organizing complex hierarchies, creating lo res proxies, and utilizing IK – FK – and Deformer based rigs.
• A great ''can do'' attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games.
• A good sense of Maya scene organization, hierarchy creation, node naming, and optimization: Mise en place.