Lighting and Compositing Artist
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Lighting and Compositing Artist (Kamp Koral)
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lighting and Compositing Artist with a strong technical background for Kamp Koral!
The ideal candidate is comfortable with solving technical/creative problems and is able to communicate effectively on a timely basis.
• Work closely with the Compositing Supervisor and CG Supervisor to identify areas of improvement on existing workflows related to Lighting, Rendering, and Compositing
• Develop and maintain custom Maya/Nuke tools/scripts for the internal/overseas teams
• Aid in establishing accurate pipeline workflow with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques for the internal and overseas teams
• Develop the desired look via lighting setups and compositing templates based on 2D concepts
• Fix incoming composited shots when needed for final approval
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Maya, Nuke, and Redshift is required
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and Shotgun needed
• Experience and interest in improving existing tools and pipelines through R&D/scripting are needed.
• Experience and knowledge with scripting (Python, PyMel, Mel) specifically for Maya and Nuke
• Experience developing Nuke gizmos/tools
• Ability to prototype quickly and deliver solutions in pre-existing/new pipelines with minimal supervision
• Understanding of lighting/compositing techniques/workflows including Physically Based Rendering, Projections & Nuke 3D system, Camera Tracking, AOVs/Cryptomattes, & Deep Compositing