Lead Look Dev Artist, Texture
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2021 9:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Look Dev Artist, Texture jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Lead Look Dev Artist, Texture postings
Full Time Job
Lead Look Dev Artist, Texture (CG Animated Series)
The Lead Look Development Artist will coordinate texture painting and shader Development. Must be capable of crafting painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles. The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem-solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
• Work with the CG Supervisor and design team to help establish the look of the show
• Ability to texture in several specified styles per CG show.
• Create documentation for texturing pipeline to vendor studios.
• Texture paint 3D characters, props, and sets within Unreal and Maya.
• Set up custom Unreal materials within the Material Editor and use them to achieve desired looks.
• Review UV's for texturing when needed.
• Must have a portfolio and demo reel that demonstrates texture painting skills.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the television, gaming, or feature film industries.
• Excellent artistic, painting, and texturing skills.
• Ability to build high-quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (bump, specular, transparency, etc).
• In-depth understanding of color theory and application.
• Experience in Unreal.
• Understanding of the Unreal shading networks and capabilities.
• Understanding of UV layout and principles.
• Understanding of the CG Pipeline.
• UV unwrapping skills a plus, but are not required.
• Substance Painter skills a plus, but are not required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multitask optimally, prioritize challenging demands, and follow through on details.
• Must be flexible enough to take care of changing role requirements.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as be resourceful and dedicated.
• Ability to give clear notes, provide reference examples for textures.