Lead Character TD
Nickelodeon AnimationBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Lead Character TD (Kamp Koral)
• Work with in-house artists to create complex rigs for characters, and R&D custom solutions for unique episode requirements.
• Collaborate with other leads (modeling, texture, animation, and environment) to make the episode doable within the CG Department's parameters.
• Create ''Build'' notes for the designs to instruct overseas artists on how to approach rigging complex and unique characters to hit the requirements of the episode.
• Great aesthetic eye for skin weights and corrective shapes is a must.
• Good problem-solving, coming up with ideas to translate very cartoony 2D story boards into a fast-paced CG pipeline.
• Lead team of character technical directors by enforcing aesthetics, technical quality, and time-lines for each assignment.
• Clearly communicate notes regarding aesthetics, animation requirements, and episode continuity to overseas artists.
• Bid out and cast assets based on complexity, technical and aesthetic difficulty, and episode prominence.
• Review animatics/designs and give suggestions and/or solutions to the Supervising Producer to make the episode fit within the given parameters.
• The ideal candidate should be able to jump from problems to solutions in short order.
• A great ''can do'' attitude and flexibility to non-traditional solutions is essential.
• Excellent communication skills, both with other leads and with overseas artists.
• Be able to quickly improve upon an existing asset personally, or give clear and direct notes about how other artists can improve an asset.
• We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
• Familiarity with Python scripting/debugging.
• Possess strong technical chops and have an artistic eye.
• 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games preferred.